Banana Oat Muffins
Here we have two of the favourite healthy breakfast ingredients combined in a treat you can eat on the spot or take with to work. Potassium rich bananas and oats both have gut-healthy soluble and insoluble fibre to keep the digestive system in order.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe: Banana Oat Muffins
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 300g organic wholemeal flour
- 50g organic rolled oats
- 50g organic molasses sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of French sea salt
- 6 Zenxin organic Thai bananas
- 150g organic butter
- 180g organic rice milk
- 2 eggs
- Organic camellia seed oil for brushing the muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and brush muffin tin with oil
- Add together the dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, baking powder & salt) into a large stainless steel bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Cut slices of banana into the dry mixture, stir and coat well.
- Melt the butter and add the milk and eggs, whisking together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dried, mix thoroughly
- Portion the mixture to the muffin tray as quickly as possible.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 30 mins or when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately!