All-time Favorite Muffin
How do you enjoy your tea break? Would you prefer a cup of green tea or a sultana muffin? Why not try to eat both?
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Green Tea Soaked Sultana Muffins
Preparation time: ~2 hrs
Baking time: 20 mins
Total: ~2.5 hrs
Serves: 4-6 people
- 5g organic green tea
- 200ml filtered water
- 1 pkt organic Sultana raisins (~145g)
- 6 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 200ml organic milk
- 115g organic coconut nectar sugar
- 1 pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 300g organic wholemeal flour
- 1 heaped tbsp baking powder
- Heat the filtered water heated to 80°C and pour over the green tea leaves and let stand for 5 mins brewing time. Remove leaves from water, then pour over the sultanas and leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and oil 2 muffin trays.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the soaked sultanas into the flour and stir until they are completely coated.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients oil, eggs and milk with the salt and sugar. Pour the wet ingredients into the dried mixture and mix quickly until thoroughly combined
- Portion into the muffin trays and place immediately into the oven to bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and leave in the tins to cool for 5 mins, remove and serve warm
Organic Coconut Nectar Sugar
Coconut nectar sugar provides additional sweetness to the baked muffins.