Lactose-Free Organic Mashed Potato
Potatoes are one of the vegetables scoring high for pesticide residues on the EWG ‘Dirty Dozen’ list. So well worth the investment to buy organic. Our organic Thai potatoes have a mealy texture when cooked which make them perfect for mashed potatoes and also for absorbing gravies.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Lactose-free organic mashed potato
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins + 30 secs
Total: 40 mins & 30 secs
- 1kg organic Thai potatoes
- 350g filtered water
- 1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 30g organic salted butter
- Wash, peel and the potatoes and chop into small pieces.
- Place the ‘Butterfly whisk’ correctly into the Thermomix bowl
- Add the 1kg peeled chopped potatoes to the Thermomix bowl
- Sprinkle 1 tsp salt over the potatoes
- Pour in 350g filtered water
- Select 30 mins at 98°C speed 1 and begin cooking.
- After the program is completed add 30g butter and whisk for 30 secs at speed 3.
For those of us who are lactose intolerant it is still possible to have creamy mashed potatoes using this recipe, no milk or cream is added. Up to 12g lactose can be consumed by those with this intolerance and this recipe contains only 0.013g in the whole dish.
Butter, although considered a dairy product, is 80% fat with very little protein or carbohydrate, the rest being water. Being fat it also helps the absorption of fat soluble vitamins and contains a small amount of vitamin A.