Nutritious Millet Vegetarian Dumplings by Irene Yip
Cook time: 45 mins
Servings: Makes 10 dumplings
100g Simply Natural Organic Black Eyed Peas
300g Simply Natural Organic Glutinous Millet, soak 4 hrs and drain some oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder
150g mock duck with some oil
50g Simply Natural Organic Brown Shiitake Mushrooms, soak and dice
50g Simply Natural Organic White Shiitake Mushrooms, soak and dice
1 tbsp mushroom oyster sauce
150g monkey head mushrooms
**20 pcs fresh bamboo leaves and cotton cooking strings
- Soak black eyed peas in water for 5 hrs. Wash and drain. In a pot, add black eyed peas and water, cover and boil for about 1 hr until soft.
- Heat up oil. Add glutinous millet, salt and mushrooms seasoning powder. Stir fry until glutinous millet is coated with oil.
- Add water and stir fry until the water absorb. Add cooked black eye bean and set aside.
- Pan fry mock duck until crispy. Set aside.
- Heat up some oil. Stir fry mushrooms till fragrant.
- Add mushroom oyster sauce and stir fry until well combined.
- Add monkey head mushrooms and about ½ cup water. Simmer until dried.
- Add mock duck and stir fry until well combine. Remove and set aside
- Fold 1 pc of dumpling leaves into cone shape, Fill with ½ tbsp millet mixture. Add a layer of fillings. Cover with another spoon of millet.
- Press it down gently before wrapping up. Tie up with strings. Put in steamer and steam for 45 mins to 1 hr until cooked. Serve.