Simply Natural Organic Pumpkin Seeds Roasted 200g
Organic Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 200G
Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming; in this world of highly acidic diets. And if you want an easy method for making pumpkin seeds more digestible, try sprouting and dehydrating the seeds.
Nutritional Facts & Health Benefits
- Pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan, which helps promote sleep and fight depression. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin and niacin, which aids in sleeping.
- Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, compounds that that have been shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Pumpkin seeds are filled with lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper.
- They are a good source of vitamin K.
- High in zinc, pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis, since zinc deficiencies can lead to higher rates of osteoporosis. In a study of almost 400 men (age from 45-92) published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found a correlation between low dietary intake of zinc, low blood levels of the trace mineral and osteoporosis at the hip and spine.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source vitamin E; they contain about 35.10 mg of tocopherol per 100 g.
- They are the most alkaline-forming seed.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of vitamin B group (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 and folates).
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds contains about 30 grams of protein.
- According to studies, pumpkin seeds prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
- Pumpkin seeds reduce inflammation and counter arthritis pain without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- They are used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites.
- Pumpkin seeds are good for prostate health. The oil in pumpkin seeds alleviates difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
Sales count: 4