Savoury soaked steel-cut oat porridge 2
Here is another way to add oats to your diet without increasing sugar intake. Steel-cut oat is a low GI food giving a slow release of energy, keeping you fuller for longer!
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Savoury Soaked Steel-Cut Oat Porridge 2
Preparation: 10 mins
Waiting time: 36 mins
Total time: 46 mins
Serves: 6-8 people
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 20g organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 200g carrots
- 200g broccoli
- 200g brown onion
- 1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1 litre of filtered water
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 sprig of curly parsley
- 1 pinch of white pepper powder
- Soak the oats and filtered water together overnight.
- Slice and chop the carrots, onions and broccoli setting aside the broccoli florets. (For Thermomix users: cut into pieces and chop at 5 secs, speed 5.)
- Stir-fry for ~6 minutes in the olive oil. (For Thermomix users: time 6 mins, temp 98°C, reverse speed 1.)
- Add in the soaked oats, salt and water and cook for another 30 minutes. (For Thermomix users: time 30 mins temp 98°C, reverse speed 1.)
- Serve and garnish with chilli, parsley, white pepper and black bean sauce.
Add a dash of thick fermented black bean sauce to boost the flavour of the porridge
You can use this organic handmade noodles in soups or stir-fries. Happy cooking!