Oatmeal Date Smoothie
A quick & simple oat recipe, perfect for breakfast or snack. This simple oat and date milk recipe provides a really fast way to improve your overall health.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Simple Oat and Date Milk
Preparation: Overnight + 2 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
Total: Overnight + 2 mins
- 1 cup rolled oats (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 8 dates
- 1 litre filtered water or a good mineral water like Volvic or Fiji
- Soak 1 cup of oats overnight with 1 cup of water, pour off any excess in the morning
- Place the soaked oats, 8 dates and 1 litre of water in a blender and whizz till smooth. * If using, Thermomix, speed 10 for 2 mins.
- Enjoy your cup of nourishing boost!
Oats are in the top 5 foods recommended by the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School for reducing LDL. This is the harmful cholesterol-carrying particle that contributes to artery-clogging atherosclerosis. The beta-glucan in oats is a fantastic soluble fibre which binds cholesterol and its precursors in the digestive system and drags them out of the body before they get into circulation.
Dates are perhaps the best natural sweetener on the planet. It is no accident they are used as a restorative after fasting. Not only delicious, they are anti-pathogenic, meaning they help sweep parasites, yeast, moulds, bacteria, viruses and heavy metals out of the digestive system.
They also contain soluble and insoluble fibre and a wealth of bioactive minerals which help with improving peristalsis and prevent constipation, assist in bone growth and maintenance, reduce triglyceride levels and give a natural energy boost unlike processed foods.
This can be part of the 2-3 litres of fluid that we need daily to keep hydrated.