How to Make Perfect Spicy Kale Chips
These raw vegan kale chips are nutrient dense and a great way to add antioxidants to your diet. They are gently dehydrated overnight at 48°C, meaning none of the nutrition is destroyed by excess heat.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Spicy Dehydrated Kale Chips
Preparation: 2 hrs prior soaking + 20 mins
Serves: 6-8 pax
- 4 pkts organic kale
- 1 pkt soaked raw cashew nuts
- 8-10 organic dried tomatoes + hot water
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed Spanish organic olive oil
- 3 cloves raw Spanish Morado garlic
- 2 tsp organic Korma masala
- 3 tsp ‘nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch French sea salt
- Juice of 1-2 organic lemons to taste
- 250ml filtered water
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours ahead of time; drain off the soaking water before use.
- Wash and spin dry the kale, remove the ribs and tear into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a blender plus the soaking water from the dried tomatoes. Add a little filtered water to mix to a coating consistency, between stiff and fluid. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour the coating onto the torn kale leaves, massage so the leaves are evenly coated.
- Place on the dehydrator trays and dry at 48° C overnight or until the leaves are crispy.